You may still qualify for head of household filing status even though you aren’t entitled to claim your child as a dependent, if you meet the following requirements:

1.You’re not married or you’re considered unmarried on the last day of the year.
2.You paid more than half of the cost keeping up a home, that was your home and the main home of your child for more than one-half of the year.